Thank you to everyone who wrote me about the recent bug that cause the app to crash when using location services in iOS 10. Version 3.5 should solve this problem!
Historical Markers displays the location and description of over 140,000 historic markers throughout North America. Access detailed plaque descriptions, photos, and links to online repositories of historical information. The app allows you to display markers near your current position or browse the entire marker catalog right on your device. Historical Markers contains thousands of markers with full plaque text from the Historical Marker Database (HMDB.org) as well as detailed place information for the entire U.S. National Registry of Historic Places.
Historical Markers is a perfect application for anyone interested in learning about the history around them, whether on travel or closer to home.
- Over 71,000 markers from the Historical Marker Database
- Over 76,000 markers from the U.S. National Registry of Historic Places
- Images of markers and surrounding areas
- GPS utility to display markers around your current location
- Text to speech engine to allow voice dictation of marker descriptions while on the road
- Area search for user specified address or city
- Comprehensive search utility to sort through markers
- Email marker information without leaving the app
- The ability to create a custom list of favorite markers
- Viewing history to help distinguish previously viewed markers
- Share favorited markers via Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms
- Offline database, allowing the app to work without an active data connection.
- User selectable search radius (for improved performance on older devices)
- Multithreading support for improved performance
- Native iPad support
Email us: email@example.com
Become a fan: http://www.facebook.com/historicalmarkersapp
Follow us: https://twitter.com/MarkersApp
I've implemented the ability to favorite individual markers and a feature to help distinguish previously viewed markers, as suggested in the reviews. If you would like to share more suggestions on how to improve the app, or if you encounter a bug, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet ideas and/or comments to @MarkersApp.
Also, please note that Historical Markers aggregates data from the Historical Marker Database and the U.S. National Registry of Historic Places. If a local marker is not in either of these databases, it will not appear in the app. If you would like to add a local marker to the Historical Marker Database, please visit http://www.hmdb.org. The ability to upload marker information and pictures directly from your iOS device is coming in a future release!
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Historical Markers is a free trial software application from the Reference Tools subcategory, part of the Education category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2010-02-12. The program can be installed on iOS.
Historical Markers (version 3.5) has a file size of 266.34 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 0 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.